I wish this was a post to say that we have received Oscar’s passport, but it’s not. After more than three months of waiting, we are now being told that we have to start the process over in Nairobi. Of course, this means that both Mike and Oscar will be staying in Kenya while myself and three little ones visit the states for a few weeks.
It’s a bitter sweet time for us. I want, and honestly need, some time in America with my loved ones. Time to be refreshed by my own culture. But, this isn’t how I want to do it. I would much rather travel as a family and share the experiences as a family. This just is what God has for us right now. While I don’t understand His plans, and quite frankly I don’t really like His plans, I trust that this is from God as well. Maybe someday we will look back and know why He needed Mike and Oscar to stay behind this trip; but maybe not. Either way I will not doubt the work of God and the plan He has for my life.
We will start the process of applying for Oscar’s passport in Nairobi next week, Lord willing. If you’ve been watching International news, you may have heard that Kenya will be enduring a re-election for the President. This may cause some violence to break out across the country and more specifically in Nairobi. We will keep an eye on things and if it is safe, we will travel to Nairobi and start the process that is likely to take 6-8 weeks.
Thank you all for praying with us and supporting us through a trying time. We are humbled by the outpouring of support!